CHILD SAFTEY LAWS
These are applicable in ALL domestic properties regardless of children being present or not.
In 2014 the legislation regarding the manufacture, supply and professional installation of internal window blinds changed significantly. It is now il legal to supply or professionally install an internal window blind which does not comply with the child safety requirements of BS EN13120:2009+A1:2014.
Option A: Chain at least 600mm off floor, easy breaks installed at two points at a minimum of 200mm apart on the chain ( If white) or one point (if chrome). NB white chain comes with a weight, but chrome chain does not require this.
Option B: Chrome chain only. Chrome chain can run through safety cleat that is installed (screwed) to the side of recess/wall at a minimum of 1.5m (4ft 11in) off the floor. For blinds over 1.5m wide (depending on fabric and drop of blind) we recom mend this option as easy breaks may break under the weight of the blind itself.
Verticals /Romans/ Vision blinds:
Option A: Cord and chain both run through one safety cleat that is installed (screwed) to the side of the recess/wall at a minimum of 1.5m (4ft 11in) off the floor
Option B for verticals: Wand operated.
Venetians/ Pleated freehanging/ Energi Roof
Safety cleats to be installed (screwed) to side of the recess/ wall at a minimum of 1.5m (4ft 11in) off the floor for the RAISE cord to be tied around when the blind is up. Non applicable for tilt cords on venetians.
‘Safe by design’ blinds include:
All Intu blinds, all perfect fit, all motorised blinds, pleated roof blinds, shutters, spring loaded roller blinds, awnings.
- An order cannot be processed by Waterside Blinds until receipt of:
-Written confirmation that the customer is happy with the details of the order
– Written confirmation that the customer understands and is happy with the child safety measures that will be put in place at the time of installation as detailed above.
- Upon signing the order you agree that the sales representative has advised you to offer up the selected fabric to the window in question to check that you are happy with the shading, colour and pattern of the chosen fabric and you understand that the appearance of the fabric may change depending on the lighting / time of day etc.
- Any changes to the order after the deposit has been paid will be subject to additional charges.
- All goods remain the property of Waterside Blinds until payment is made in full.
- All lead times provided are advisory. Our products are bespoke and made to the requirements of our customers. On rare occasions there may be unforeseen delays to the timescales outlined.
- Waterside Blinds cannot take any responsibility for incorrectly fitting goods due to incorrect sizes or window codes provided by the customer.
- Once blinds are ready for fitting the Installation Manager will arrange a fitting date. Time slots provided indicate the time a fitter or fitters will arrive at the property.
2.2 You agree to provide a suitable environment for the fitters to fit the blind, free of obstructions that may prevent us from carrying out the fitting safely and efficiently and to avoid any damage to the fitters or your belongings.
- Waterside Blinds do not accept responsibility for loss, damage or breakage to ornaments, fixtures or fittings in and around the area of installation.
- Should a safety cleat be required to comply with the above legislation and the customer is not present at the time of fitting, our fitters will determine the most suitable place to install the cleat.
- Waterside Blinds warranty that the Goods will be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of 12 months from delivery or installation unless otherwise specified.
- Should any defect in material or workmanship occur within 12 months, we will arrange to examine the goods and, if the goods are defective, we shall either repair or replace them free of any charge for labour or materials (always providing that the Goods have not been subject to any mis-use or modification).
- The warranties provided shall not apply where: the relevant fault or defect has been caused by your misuse, fitting and/or neglect of the goods or by accidents caused while the goods are in your possession.
- Whilst every attempt will be made by us to ensure that the goods supplied match in every respect any samples shown or description given to you, any minor or immaterial variation between sample or description and the goods delivered shall not entitle you to reject the goods, nor to withhold or reduce payment of the purchase price, nor claim any compensation for such variation or change.
- Wood is a natural product and there maybe some colour and grain variation between slats. Over time there may be a mellowing of colour depending on exposure to the sun. You may find that the surroundings will affect the way your blind reacts as the slats can absorb and release moisture, especially in steamy environments such as kitchens/bathrooms and extreme temperatures. Warping could be experienced and as it is a natural condition of wood this would not warrant a replacement blind.
- Due to the nature of their manufacture and materials used, faux wood venetian blinds may warp over time.
- Waterside Blinds cannot take responsibility for any structural irregularities that may impact the final appearance of your blind. This includes sloping ceilings and irregular shaped window recesses or sills.
- Blinds manufactured with black out fabrics do not provide total blackout, as there will always be ingress of light into the room around the sides, top and bottom of the blinds. Blackout Blinds including skylight blackout blinds, will block out most of the light and will also provide great privacy, but will not provide total darkness unless a full cassette blackout blind is chosen.